Carrier Right to a Ditch or Reservoir (ityopr=11)
The type 11 operating rule provides a method to divert water to a reservoir or direct flow structure using another structure’s water rights. In addition, it can be used to constrain a diversion to the capacity of up to 10 intervening structures. The following are noted:
- A diversion is implicitly constrained by the capacity of the destination structure (variable
- The source water right may operate as a standard direct flow right and/or as a carrier. When the variable
iopsou(2,1)= 1 the right is used as a carrier only. When the variable
iopsou(2,1)= 0 the right is used as both a direct flow right and a carrier right.
- If the source is a diversion right, the administration number used for the operating rule is the priority of the diversion right, not the priority assigned to the operating rule.
- If several operating rules use the same water right, diversions are not allowed to exceed the decreed capacity.
- If the destination is a diversion, the demand is the destination structure's demand. Any return flows use the return flow pattern and locations assigned to the destination structure in the diversion station file (*.dds).
- If the destination is a reservoir, the operating rule demand is the destination reservoir’s capacity.
- If the destination is a reservoir and the source is a diversion right, the operating rule diversion IS NOT CHARGED against the reservoir’s decree.
- If the destination is a reservoir and the source is a reservoir right, the operating rule diversion IS CHARGED against the reservoir’s decree.
- If carrier losses are to be included use a type 45 operating rule.
|1||Format (a12, a24, 12x, 4x, f12.5, f8.0, i8, 3(1x,a12,i8), i8, 1x,a12, 1x,a12,1x, 2f8.0, 2i8)|
|1-1||cidvri||Operational right ID|
|1-2||nameo(1)||Operational right name|
|1-3||rtem(1)||Administration number. Note if
|1-4||dumx||Monthly and Structure Switch|
|+n Number of intervening structures (max = 10)|
|-n Include -12 for monthly on/off values minus n intervening structures. Note, when a negative value is provided, it should be -13 or less).|
|1-5||ioprsw(1)||Annual On/Off Switch|
|0 = off|
|1 = on|
|+n = Begin in year n|
|-n = Stop after year n|
|1-6||ciopde||Destination diversion or reservoir ID|
|1-7||iopdes(2,1)||Destination structure account,|
|1 for a diversion destination|
|+n for a reservoir destination,|
|+n Account served by this right|
|-n Fill the first n accounts using the ratio of their ownership|
|1-8||ciopso(1)||Water right ID under which the diversion occurs. Note may be a diversion right or a reservoir right|
|1-9||iopsou(2,1)||0 = The source water right (
|1 = The source water right (
|1-10||ciopso(2)||NA = the water right is administered at the location specified in the appropriate water right file|
|+n = the water right is administered at location n (e.g. a reservoir right is administered at a the location of a carrier)|
|1-11||iopsou(4,1)||0 = Not used|
|1-13||creuse||NA If the carrier loss is not associated with a recharge source +n|
|Enter Recharge Plan ID If the carrier loss is a recharge source. Note the Plan type must be recharge (type 8)|
|Conveyance Loss (%)|
|1-16||OprLimit||0 = No carrier limitation|
|+n = Carrier limit (cfs) Note this value is an additional constraint that is imposed on a carrier since the capacity of the diverting structure and all carriers is an implicit constraint. This value is typically used to represent the maximum diversion rate allowed to fill a reservoir.|
|1-17||IoBeg||First year of operation|
|1-18||IoEnd||Last year of operation|
|2||Free Format (Include only if the variable (
|2-1||imonsw(1)||Monthly switch 0 = off, 1 = on|
|+n = Day first used that month|
|-n = Day last used that month|
|Note the first entry corresponds to the first month specified in the control file|
|Intervening Structure Data|
|3||Format (36x, 10a12) (Include only if the variable (