Downstream Call Direct (ityopr=23)
The type 23 operating rule allows a downstream call to be provided which limits any upstream diversions, reservoir storage, etc. that are junior to the calls administration number. The following comments are provided to assist in the use and interpretation this operating rule:
- The downstream call must be tied to an instream flow station.
- Call data are specified as a time series in a file named “Downstream_Call (*.cal)” (see Section 4.1 - Response Data). Note for a monthly model the call on day 1 is used to estimate the call for that month.
- The amount of water controlled by a downstream call is the minimum of its instream flow water right, its demand, and the available flow in the river when it is called. If the user wants to control the entire flow below a downstream call structure a large decreed amount and demand should be specified.
- For a free river the downstream call’s administration number should be entered as the most junior water right in the basin (e.g. 999999).
- The downstream calls administration number specified in the operation right file should be the most junior in the basin. This ensures it is not called as an operating rule prior to a consumptive (diversion, well, reservoir) water right.
- If the quantity of water associated with a downstream call is known then it is recommended the user model it as a standard instream flow (see Section 4.7).
|1||Format (a12, a24, 12x, 4x, f12.5, f8.0, i8, 3(1x,a12,i8), i8, 1x,a12, 1x,a12, 1x,2f8.0, 2i8)|
|1-1||cidvri||Operational right ID|
|1-2||nameo(1)||Operational right name|
|1-3||rtem(1)||Administration number (enter the most junior in the basin (e.g. 999999))|
|0 = No monthly on/off values|
|12 = Number of monthly on/off switches provided|
|1-5||ioprsw(1)||Annual On/Off Switch|
|0 = off|
|1 = on|
|+n = Begin in year n|
|-n = Stop after year n|
|1-6||ciopde||Instream flow station|
|1-7||iopdes(2,1)||1 (not used)|
|1-8||ciopso(1)||NA (not used)|
|1-9||iopsou(2,1)||1 (not used)|
|1-10||ciopso(2)||0 (not used)|
|1-11||iopsou(4,1)||0 (not used)|
|Associated Plan Data|
|Conveyance Loss (%)|
|1-17||IoBeg||First year of operation|
|1-18||IoEnd||Last year of operation|
|2||Free Format (Include only if the variable (
|2-1||imonsw(1)||Monthly switch 0 = off, 1 = on|
|+n = Day first used that month|
|-n = Day last used that month|
|Note the first entry corresponds to the first month specified in the control file|