Changed Water Right (ityopr=26)
The type 26 operating rule allows a changed water right to be diverted from the river and temporarily stored in an accounting plan. Once the changed water right is stored in an accounting plan it can be released at a junior priority by a direct release using a Type 27 rule or by exchange using a Type 28 operating rule or spilled using a Type 29 rule. It can also be split into more than one owner using a Type 46 operating rule. The amount changed is limited by water supply available to the source water right and the percent of the source water right to be changed. The following comments are provided to assist in using and interpreting this operating rule:
- The percent ownership allows the user to specify the amount of the souuce water right to be changed and temporarily stored in a plan.
- The source must be a diversion water right.
- The destination must be a Changed Water Rights plan (Type 13).
- Because a changed water right may be used to serve both a direct flow right and a changed right, the administration number assigned to the operating rule is used in the analysis for both the direct flow and the changed water right (i.e. it is not overridden by the source water rights administration number).
- Monthly and Annual exchange limits are required to control the amount changed by month and year.
- The source water right is controlled by this operating rule. Therefore the source water right is turned off when this operating rule is read and the source water right cannot be used to divert water as a standard direct flow water right.
- The changed amount is the minimum of the physical water available, decree of the source water right and the monthly and annual exchange limits.
- The changed water right operates once per iteration (e.g. it is not allowed to benefit from a junior diversions return flows or a junior reservoirs release).
- The water that remains at the head gate is limited by the source structures capacity. When a portion of the water available to a Type 26 operating rule remains at the headgate and is diverted by the source structure, the source structures capacity is reduced by the amount diverted.
- The changed amount is not limited by the source structure’s capacity. Capacity limitatons are imposed when water is released from the administrative plan using a type 26 or type 27 operating rule. If the source structure happens to be used as a carrier as part of a release by a type 27 rule or by a type 28 rule, the capacity of the structure is reduced by the amount carried (not the amount released and carried).
- Changed water rights are reported in the Stream Report (*.xdd) 1. at structure where the source water right is located, 2. at the destination
administrative plan and 3. if the destination plan is subsequently split to multiple administration plans, at each of those administrative plans as
- Changed water released for use by a direct release (type 27) or by an exchange (Type 28) is reported as Carried, Exchanged or Bypassed.
- Changed water released as a spill (Type 29) is not reported as Carried, Exchanged or Bypassed.
|1||Format (a12, a24, 12x, 4x, f12.5, f8.0, i8, 3(1x,a12,i8), i8, 1x,a12, 1x,a12, 1x,2f8.0, 2i8)|
|1-1||cidvri||Operational right ID|
|1-2||nameo(1)||Operational right name|
|1-4||dumx||Monthly and Intervening Structure Switch|
|0 = No monthly on/off control|
|12 = Monthly on/off control provided|
|1-5||ioprsw(1)||Annual On/Off Switch|
|0 = off|
|1 = on|
|+n = Begin in year n|
|-n = Stop after year n|
|1-6||ciopde||Destination Plan ID|
|1-7||iopdes(2,1)||Destination account, enter 1|
|1-8||ciopso(1)||Source water right ID|
|1-9||iopsou(2,1)||Percent of source water right to be changed|
|Associated Plan Data|
|1-13||creuse||Reuse Plan ID (enter NA if none)|
|Conveyance Loss (%)|
|1-15||OprLoss||0 No Transit loss|
|1-16||OprLimit||0 No Operating Limits|
|1-17||IoBeg||First year of operation|
|1-18||IoEnd||Last year of operation|
|2||Free Format (Include only if the variable (
|2-1||imonsw(1)||Monthly switch 0 = off, 1 = on|
|+n = Day first used that month|
|-n = Day last used that month|
|Note the first entry corresponds to the first month specified in the control file|
|Exchange Limits (Monthly and Annual)|
|4-1||OprMax(1,1-12)||Monthly exchange limit (af/mo)|
|4-13||OprMax(1,13)||Annual exchange limit (af/yr)|