Rio Grande Compact - Conejos River Direct (ityopr=18)
The type 18 operating rule was developed specifically for the Conejos River's portion of the Rio Grande Compact. Unlike most other operating rules, it requires two rows of data. The first row of data expects:
- The destination to be an Instream flow (i.e. an Instream flow just below the combine Conejos River near La Sauses).
- Source 1 is the stream gage that represents the first index flow (i.e. Conejos River near Magote).
- Source 2 is the stream gage that represent the second index flow (i.e. Los Pinos River near Ortiz).
The second row of data expects:
Qdebtis the year when annual obligation calculations begin to include adjustments for the cumulative surplus / shortage (i.e. 1985).
Qdebtxis the initial surplus / shortage (acft) for the Conejos River (e.g. 944,000 * 40%).
- Source 3 is the stream gage that represents the third index flow (San Antonio River at Ortiz).
- The Source 4 coefficient is used to represent the annual yield (acft/yr) of the Closed Basin Project to the Conejos River.
- The Source 5 coefficient is used to represent the annual discharge of the Norton Drain South to the Conejos River.
Note the format of a standard operational right input file has been adjusted to include a third source and account (coefficient).
|1||Format (a12, a24, 12x, 4x, f12.5, f8.0, i8, 3(1x,a12,i8), i8, 1x,a12, 1x,a12,1x, 2f8.0, 2i8)|
|1-1||cidvri||Operational right ID|
|1-2||nameo(1)||Operational right name|
|1-4||dumx||Enter -8 if no monthly switches included|
|Enter -20 if monthly switches are included|
|Note the above allows 2 or 3 rows of data to be recognized for this operational rule|
|1-5||ioprsw(1)||Annual On/Off Switch|
|0 = off|
|1 = on|
|+n = Begin in year n|
|-n = Stop after year n|
|1-6||ciopde||Destination instream flow ID|
|1-8||ciopso(1)||Source 1 (Index Gage)ID (Conejos River near Magote)|
|1-9||iopsou(2,1)||Source 1 coefficient (1.0)|
|1-10||ciopso(2)||Source 2 (Index Gage) ID (Los Pinos River near Ortiz)|
|1-11||iopsou(4,1)||Source 2 coefficient (1.0)|
|Associated Plan Data|
|Conveyance Loss (%)|
|1-17||IoBeg||First year of operation|
|1-18||IoEnd||Last year of operation|
|Additional Compact Data|
|2||Format (12x, 24x, 12x, 4x, 12x,f8.0,f8.0, 3(1x, a12, i8))|
|2-1||qdebt||Year when annual obligation calculations include an adjustment for the cumulative surplus shortage|
|2-2||qdebtx||Initial surplus/shortage (acft) for the Conejos in the year this operating rule begins|
|2-3||ciopso(5)||Source 3 (Index Gage) ID (San Antonio River at Ortiz)|
|2-4||iopsou(6,1)||Source 3 Coefficient (1.0)|
|2-5||ciopso(7)||Source 4 not used (enter
|2-6||iopsou(8,1)||Source 4 Closed Basin annual yield to Conejos (e.g. 12,800 acft/yr)|
|2-7||ciopso(9)||Source 5 not used (enter
|2-8||iopsou(10,1)||Source 5 Norton Drain South annual yield to Conejos(e.g. 4000 acft/yr)|
|2||Free Format (Include only if the variable (
|2-1||imonsw(1)||Monthly switch 0 = off, 1 = on|
|+n = Day first used that month|
|-n = Day last used that month|
|Note the first entry corresponds to the first month specified in the control file|